Biomimetic Dentistry Courses
Restorative Level I
This hands-on course covers everything you need to get started with biomimetic restorative dentistry in your practice. The program includes the core science, techniques, and materials with an emphasis on posterior restorations. Traditional dental procedures rely on preparation designs that accommodate the restorative material or technique. This includes preparation features such as retention and resistance form, as well as tooth reduction to meet the strength requirements of the restorative material instead of prioritizing the preservation of intact tooth structure. As a result, the restored tooth has significant additional preparation and a significantly higher chance of complications such as pain, sensitivity, root canal treatment, recession, and fracture.
In contrast, the Biomimetic approach unites an understanding and appreciation of the biomechanics of natural teeth with principles and techniques which maximize adhesion. These concepts comprise the necessary components to mimic the natural tooth most faithfully. Restorative materials replicate the properties of the dental structures (enamel, dentin, dej) and healthy intact tooth structure is preserved through adhesion without additional preparation requirements. The biomimetically restored tooth mimics the strength, function, and esthetics of natural teeth. Biomimetic restorations include composite fillings, partial coverage restorations (ceramic or resin inlays and onlays), and when necessary, full-coverage ceramic restorations. However, the application technique and material selection makes a significant difference in the performance of these techniques and therefore it is important to have a sound understanding of the science.
- Understand and eliminate the common causes of post-operative pain & sensitivity through your adhesive technique.
- Learn how to preserve maximum tooth structure with bonded supra-gingival restorations rather than crowns.
- Understand the properties, function, and biomechanics of natural posterior teeth.
- Understand polymerization stress and residual stress of adhesively restored teeth.
- Eliminate traditional preparation design and the necessity for retentive design.
- Learn non-surgical alternatives to access and restore isolated deep margins.
- Learn how to preserve pulp vitality & reduce root canals by over 90%.
- Learn how to increase bond strengths significantly (up to 400%).
- Understand optimal material properties for biomimetic dentistry.
- Learn how to prevent stained and leaky restorative margins
This course covers the following training modules and techniques:
- Polymerization Shrinkage and Stress | Hands-on
- Stress Reduced Direct Techniques (SRDTs) | Hands-on
- Semi-direct Restorations
- Supra-gingival Adhesive Inlay & Onlay Preparation Design
- Immediate Dentin Sealing (IDS) and Biobase | Hands-on
- Deep Margin Elevation (DME) | Hands-on
- Provisionalization Techniques
- Biomimetic Cementation Technique | Hands-on
- Adhesive Build-up Techniques (Including Endo Treated) | Hands-on
- Peripheral Seal Zone and Caries Removal Endpoint
- Isolation Tips & Techniques | Hands-on
The techniques and science covered in this course are categorized into the following instruction areas:
- Structural Analysis
- Caries Removal Endpoint/Peripheral Seal Development
- Immediate Dentin Sealing/Resin Coating
- Stress Reduction
- Maximizing Bonds
- Restorative Materials and Preparation Designs
This seminar changed the way I look at dentistry. It made me feel more confident to save more teeth and not to refer patients to the Endodontist or an Oral Surgeon to extract teeth. I recommend this course to every single dentist. I wish this course was taught to us in school from the very beginning.
This course is an amazing blend of take-home gems that you can bring directly to your practice and the data, science and literature that helps back everything up. This is the next wave of dentistry, this is how we should be practicing, and to come and get formal training like this is pretty incredible.
So informative! It's the Dentistry of the future and any dentist whether young or old should feel very comfortable taking this course.
I've had many many patients with hypoplastic, really broken down, six years molars that are normally getting sent for a root canal or crown. Since using biomimetic techniques these patients are just so amazed that teeth that were so sensitive are just like perfectly, great normal teeth. I couldn't be happier.
We've had 2 or 3 life-changing moments in our dental career, and this course is certainly up there as one of those experiences.
This is changing the way I'll do dentistry. I recommend this course to any dentist, the sooner the better. I wish I had taken this thirteen years ago.
Using these biomimetic principles, we are able to do the best for our patients long-term. I would absolutely recommend this course to any dentist who is looking to provide great patient care.
The MNI Promise
The Nejad Institute’s promise is to provide our students with a fascinating hands-on classroom experience that will give them the knowledge, science-based evidence, restorative techniques, and inspiration to excel in dentistry.