The Nejad Institute
“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”Vince Lombardi
Institute Vision & Summary
For some, dentistry is work, and for others it is passion. If you are passionate about doing the best dentistry possible, The Nejad Institute will give you the knowledge, science-based evidence, restorative techniques, and inspiration to excel.
The Nejad Institute curriculum is taught exclusively by Dr. Matt Nejad internationally recognized esthetic and biomimetic dentist. The courses combine science and engineering to thoroughly understand the properties and biomechanics of natural teeth and apply these to all restorative and esthetic dentistry. The biomimetic approach utilizes materials and techniques to mimic the biomechanics of natural teeth while conserving healthy, intact tooth structure and avoiding complications from traditional restorative techniques. Every course is updated regularly to include new scientific evidence, materials, and techniques. There are annual courses to provide the updates for those who have completed past training, and there is in-office mentoring and training available by request.
Founder: Dr. Matt Nejad
Year Established: 2012
History: The Nejad Institute was originally doing business as “Biomimetic Dentistry CE.” The rebranding was completed in December 2019 to align with the vision for the courses to develop into a full educational training institute.
- To inspire passion in the art and science of dentistry and mentor future generations of dentists to lead the profession.
- To promote the understanding of the remarkable properties of the natural tooth, including esthetics, function, strength, and biomechanics.
- To promote a sound understanding of adhesion and the biomimetic approach.
- To share my techniques, knowledge, and experience through a comprehensive educational curriculum including hands-on and online workshops.
- To continue advancing my own training and results while establishing the top institute for excellence in restorative and esthetic dentistry.
- To establish a private research center to explore materials, techniques, and protocols for optimal results.
Vision statement: Dental Education begins after dental school and ends when you stop caring. The Nejad Institute will inspire and educate its students to become top clinicians and provide the best treatment for their patients.
Training Subjects: Restorative Dentistry, Esthetic Dentistry, Occlusion (coming soon)
The Biomimetic Approach
Traditional restorative principles rely on destructive preparation designs in order to provide retention and resistance form. The fundamental problem was the requirement that we must remove a certain amount of tooth structure to provide adequate strength and retention to restorations. Not surprisingly, this unnatural approach leads to numerous complications over time, including pain, sensitivity, root canal treatment, and fractures.
Thanks to advancements in adhesion, and an improved comprehension of the design and function of natural teeth, we are able to improve our restorative techniques to preserve healthy natural tooth structure and restore teeth back to natural function, esthetics, and biomechanics. To learn more about this Biomimetic Approach, visit here.